My next upcoming Smart Cities Asia 2016, Kuala Lumpur (Oct. 18-19, 2016) is entitled “Developing Interconnectedness of Citizens” The content of the presentation will be:
- Focusing o citizens who essentially make cities function
- Social equity & community building
- Identifying community trends
- Make use of new technologies in acquiring citizens’ input about city projects.
“There are four ‘P’s, You have to start with people. Without people, I don’t see the value creation.” – TM Forum’s President and CEO, Peter Sany at Smart City InFocus Event, Yinchuan, 11-13 Sept. 2016
Did you know that citizens are not just the people on the streets? Check this list:
- Visitor, anonymous contributor of information
- Citizen, resident, individual representative
- Business representative
- Community services, non-profit, N.G.O. representative
- Neighborhood or geographically specific area representative
- Elected or appointed official
- Utility or other civic entity
- State or regional government representative
And when we say Smart Cities require Smart Citizens – that also includes the other side of the coin i.e. city officials. We will never hear the sound of us clapping if only we use one side of the hand, right?
More will be shared during the Talk at Smart Cities Asia 2016. See you there!