Internet of Things development is a complex effort. It will be a long journey job and time-consuming if one has to develop it from scratch. IoT Middleware platforms offer a jumping-off point by combining many of the tools needed to manage a deployment of device management to data consumption into one service.
FAVORIOT is a middleware platform specifically designed for any Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) project. The platform is developed to support the integration of data from several sensors and actuators into the internet. Collecting and storing data from IOT devices become much easier. Moreover, the platform also helps developers in building vertical applications. By using the platform, the developer does not need to worry about hosting.
FAVORIOT enables the devices to push the data to the FAVORIOT middleware platform using its REST API. The external application can also pull the data from the FAVORIOT middleware platform using REST API.
Components of FAVORIOT IoT Platform
As shown in figure 1 above, the FAVORIOT IOT Middleware consists of several building blocks:
- Device Connectivity – Brings different protocols and different data formats into one Application Programming Interface (API) ensuring accurate data streaming and interaction with all devices.
- Device Management – To ensure the connected “things” are working properly. We create the abstraction of the physical devices in IOT realms within the IOT middleware
- Scalable Database – Scalable storage of device data brings the requirements for hybrid cloud-based databases to a new level in terms of data volume, variety, velocity, and veracity
- Business Logic – Brings data to life with rule-based event-action triggers.
- Notification Engine – Combining business logic with a notification engine enables the execution of “smart” actions based on specific sensor data.
- Dashboarding – This enables users to see patterns and observe trends from visualization dashboards where data is vividly portrayed through various types of charts.
- Application Integration Interface – APIs that act as interfaces for third-party systems.
- Security Module – All interactions with the IOT Middleware are secured via HTTP/TLS protocol.
How Does it Work?
- Connect Your IOT Device
- Connect any type of device (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Libelium)
- And start your Internet of Things project with FAVORIOT middleware
- Collecting Data
- User our HTTP RESTful API to push JSON data generated by your device
- Simple Data Structure
- Secure: API Keys and HTTPS Connection
- We store your data in our Scalable Big Data Storage.
- Manage Devices and Data
- Interact with your devices and data from FAVORIOT middleware.
- Define your business logic through our RULE-BASED Engine.
- Set Notification Action upon defining business logic.
- Build your Application
- Consume your data within the FAVORIOT Platform using HTTPS PULL API.
- Build your Own Application based on data pulled from FAVORIOT (Visualization, Dashboarding, etc.).
- Focus on your apps and let us carry the systems, security, and communications
- Save development time
- Let us take care of IT infrastructure cost, problems, and scalability for your IOT Project.
The device is a central entity in FAVORIOT. It is used to represent the physical devices in IOT realms within the IOT middleware. Hence the data produced by devices can be aggregated easily. However, in FAVORIOT, IOT device and their data are managed and structured hierarchically.
- Hierarchically, Entities such as Projects, Applications, and Groups are used to group and structure the devices.
- Data is associated with the stream/information produced by physical devices.
- Rules can be defined to perform a certain action to events that raises in a device.
The Beginner Plan is very suitable for University students who have been assigned or chosen IoT projects as their Final Year projects. A single device such as Raspberry Pi or Arduino that collects from several connected sensors can stream to the IoT platform. A simple dashboard is provided to visualize the measurements. This plan is also suitable for individual developers or hobbyists that would like to familiarize themselves with the IoT platform, conduct self-learning, or participate in IoT Hackathons. At RM 100 per year, you can become the next Generation-IoT and are on your way to being one of the rare talents in the job market today!
The Developer plan is perfect for serious Freelancers or SMEs or Startups to provide IoT solutions for their own or their own customers. This plan has many other features including IoT Analytics.
The IoT Ecosystem Plan is great for an organization such as Universities that want to control their own IoT projects for their students, lecturers, or their Lab experiments.
However, if a company requires connecting thousands of devices, they may contact/email their customized requirements to email@example.com
Check out the COMPLETE Tutorial on How to connect an Arduino to a FAVORIOT Platform. You can also download a STEP-by-STEP Tutorial – [download id=”6641″]
Full documentation and technical tutorial – HERE.