Duration: ½ Day
This 1/2 day fast-paced deep dive into the Internet of Things (IoT) is designed for University students, business executives business owners and entrepreneurs who want to understand what the Internet of Things (IoT) is, how to begin their IoT journey and its potential impacts to a business.
Dr. Mazlan Abbas, CEO & Co-Founder of FAVORIOT will guide you through the details of IoT from business case formulation, business strategy to implementation, describing key decisions and how to avoid the main pitfalls. It is geared towards people who need to understand IoT, what opportunities it offers and how to implement IoT solutions in their business. Areas covered are:
IoT Core Concepts
- Underlying Technologies and Concept of IoT
- Assessing Business Opportunities
- How to Introduce IoT in your business using s simple Business Model Canvas
- Creating your own IoT Journey and Project checklist
- The course provides simple examples and analogies to help participants understand what IoT is, what it can deliver and how it can be implemented in an everyday scenario.
What Will You Learn?
- IoT Core Concepts
- The core concepts of IoT – Sensors, Connectivity, and Applications
- How to take your first steps in your IoT journey
- The Types of Problems IoT Solves.
- IoT might make things smarter and easier, but what real-world problem can IoT potentially solve? And what issues can it solve right now? What kind of data is critical to collect?
- How to Spot IoT Opportunities
- How to train users across your organization – including business leaders – to spot IoT opportunities, develop business plans and prepare for their journey.
- How to Overcome Possible Challenges
- The Possible Issues And Problems Companies and Individuals May Face When Getting Started With IoT
- How organizations can benefit from new revenue streams or new business opportunities generated by new business models and services.
- Moving from technology-based to outcome-based business model
Topic 1: What is the Internet of Things & Why Are Businesses Investing Heavily in it?
Topic 2: The capabilities and essential elements of a smart and connected product
Topic 3: What are new markets in the Internet of Things Industry? How does it relate to Fourth industrail Revolution.
Topic 4: What is the necessary building block to start building IoT solutions.
- No prior knowledge of data science, AI, machine learning, or statistics is required. Basic Understanding of Fundamental Business concepts.
- Very basic Telecommunications Technology and Internet understanding
- No Software required
Dr. Mazlan Abbas
Dr. Mazlan is the co-founder and CEO of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd. He is ranked among 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR Congress 2017, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2017, ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders and UTM Alumni Industry Personality 2016. He is currently one of Global Vision Board Member (2017). Before Favoriot, he spent 2.5 years as CEO of REDtone IOT and 8 years in MIMOS Berhad as Senior Director Wireless Communications Cluster. He also spent 13 years in CELCOM (mobile operator), handling many senior management positions. Prior to Celcom, he spent 10 years as an Assoc. Professor at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. He is currently the Adjunct Professor for Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA), Universiti Malaysia (UniMY) and Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP). He was also the Adjunct Professor for UTM from 2008 to 2013 and UTHM (2004-2005, 2013-2016). Dr.Mazlan is a frequent speaker in many major & established IOT, Smart Cities and telco conferences locally and globally. He sits in Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) for several local universities. He graduated from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia with a BEE (1984), University of Essex (UK) with MSc. in Telematics (1986) and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia with a Ph.D. in Telecommunications (1993). He also received an Honorary Doctorate in Electrical Engineering from UTHM (2017).
The full list of Dr. Mazlan’s Talks.