Today (Oct. 31, 2018), our Prime Minister launched the National Policy on Industry 4.0 at MITI. Many parties have early waited for this Policy. They have covered all the relevant scope and responisble Ministries under the term they coined as F.I.R.S.T that stands for:
- F – Funding – Funding and Outcome-based Incentives
- I – Enabling Ecosystem and Efficient Digital Infrastructure
- R – Regulations – Regulatory Framework and Industry Adoption
- S – Skills and Talent – Upskilling Existing and Prioducing Future Talent
- T – Technology – Access to Smart Technologies and Standards
Check out the Action Plans, that’s what we should focus since they have named the document as “Industry 4wrd” i.e. to move the industry forward!
Unfortunately, this policy only covers the Smart Manufacturing sector and not the holistic view of Fourth Industrial Revolution. I have my own personal views HERE.
Even though, World Economic Forum (WEF) identified Blockchain as one of the 12 key technologies in Fourth Industrial Revolution, it was not mentioned in the Policy document. Something worth to ponder whether is it something which government wants to implement or Blockchain is still a controversial technology.