Any digital transformation starts with the people. Technology adoption will face a stumbling block if we don’t have a generation of leaders, makers, thinkers, and doers. The same goes with IoT adoption – we need the right people, the right mindset and right competencies. FAVORIOT in the quest to develop a Generation-IoT, recently partners with ten (10) Malaysian Universities to provide better hands-on skills and tools to the University students (and lecturers) in developing their IoT solutions using FAVORIOT middleware.
The list of the Universities who joined the program are listed below:
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Tenaga Malaysia (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
It is expected about 300 graduates every year will be utilizing FAVORIOT platform for their Lab experiments, Final Year or Research projects. The program will allow more than 1500 devices to be connected to the platform.
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas is currently the Co-Founder and CEO of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd. He is an IOT Evangelist and a Thought Leader. He received an award as 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR 2017. He is ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders”, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2016/2017, ranked Top 100 in Smart Cities Top Experts by Agilience Authority Index May 2016. He is also a Global Vision Board Member. You can reach him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Check all his presentation slides HERE.
More Info about FAVORIOT – Click LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and FOLLOW: