IOT World Stats
- 106,167 hits
Subscribe to IOT World via Email
IOT World Top Posts
- Malaysia National Industry 4.0 Policy Framework
- IoT in Malaysia
- IOT Automatic Plant Watering System
- Flood Monitoring & Detection System Using Internet of Thing (IoT)
- Topik 1 - Era Manakah Kita?
- Industry 4wrd - Malaysia National Policy on Industry 4.0
- Smart City - What Are the Business Models?
- Industry 4.0: How Disruptive Technology Affects Business Globally
- IoT Based Weather Station by using Raspberry Pi 3
- TRAINING - Advanced IoT Workshop with FAVORIOT
IOT World Recent Posts
- Keep Calm and click LIKE to Vote FAVORIOT for PUMM TEC Finals November 2, 2018
- IoT – Applications, Services, and Analytics November 1, 2018
- Industry 4wrd – Malaysia National Policy on Industry 4.0 October 31, 2018
- TaqwaTech – RAQIB for Hajj October 30, 2018
- RAQIB – PUMM TEC Semi-Finalists October 30, 2018
- Journey Towards IR 4.0 October 22, 2018
- NTT Com Startup Challenge 2018 – FAVORIOT as Top 10 Finalists October 12, 2018
- Topik 1 – Era Manakah Kita? October 3, 2018
- TEDxKenyalang 2018: Outreach the World! October 2, 2018
- Careers in Emerging Technology October 1, 2018
- FAVORIOT Bags Two Awards at MSC Malaysia APICTA 2018 September 23, 2018
- Welcome to Smart Hajj 4.0 September 21, 2018
- Workshop on Factory of The Future September 16, 2018
- RAQIB – The Hajj Tracker September 11, 2018
- RAQIB – Promotional Offer September 9, 2018
- VOTE FAVORIOT for ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards (ARBSAwards) – Best HealthTech Startup – Malaysia September 7, 2018
- VOTE FAVORIOT for ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards (ARBSAwards) – Best IoT Startup – Malaysia September 7, 2018
- RAQIB – Peace of Mind During Hajj and Umrah September 6, 2018
- RAQIB Special Offer – Limited Time August 30, 2018
- Smart Cities & IoT – The Opportunities and Challenges Ahead August 28, 2018
- FAVORIOT Merdeka 2018 Offer – 50% Discount! August 10, 2018
- CEO Favoriot Dr. Mazlan Abbas, Kedudukan 10 Teratas 100 IoT Influencers August 10, 2018
- Kebanggaan Malaysia – Individu IOT Paling Berpengaruh August 9, 2018
- Why Are We Still at Industrial Revolution 2.7 (IR2.7)? August 9, 2018
- FAVORIOT listed as one of The 10 Most Innovative IoT Startups to Watch 2018 August 6, 2018
- FAVORIOT receives BEST IOT-STARTUP 2018 Award by APAC Insider Magazine August 6, 2018
- 5th Professional and Management Kinabalu Conference 2018 August 4, 2018
- Industry 4.0 Implementation & Adoption Workshop with VISITAS and Partners July 20, 2018
- Memorandum of Collaboration Signing Between UniMy and FAVORIOT July 20, 2018
- Fundamentals of IoT – Your IoT Journey July 16, 2018
- November 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (8)
- August 2018 (9)
- July 2018 (5)
- June 2018 (6)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (6)
- March 2018 (7)
- February 2018 (12)
- January 2018 (18)
- December 2017 (30)
- November 2017 (15)
- October 2017 (27)
- September 2017 (20)
- August 2017 (12)
- July 2017 (16)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (16)
- April 2017 (16)
- March 2017 (15)
- February 2017 (10)
- January 2017 (16)
- December 2016 (18)
- November 2016 (14)
- October 2016 (11)
- September 2016 (10)
- August 2016 (22)
- July 2016 (11)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (2)
- Digital Way Ventures
- Innovation 4.0
- Internet of Things
- IOT Talk Video
- Mazlan Abbas
- REDtone IOT
- Revolution 4.0
- Smart Cities
- Smart Cities
- Smart Cities Video
- Smart Health
- Taylor's University
- Trity Technologies
- Unified Inbox
Presented a 2-hr lecture on “IoT – Applications, Services, and Analytics” to UNITEN students who take the course CISB484. The talk is to expose students to the current state of the art in the area of IoT and how it transformed business direction and trends. It also examines and discusses IoT technology on relevant cases of IoT areas/domains.
Today (Oct. 31, 2018), our Prime Minister launched the National Policy on Industry 4.0 at MITI. Many parties have early waited for this Policy. They have covered all the relevant scope and responisble Ministries under the term they coined as F.I.R.S.T that stands for:
- F – Funding – Funding and Outcome-based Incentives
- I – Enabling Ecosystem and Efficient Digital Infrastructure
- R – Regulations – Regulatory Framework and Industry Adoption
- S – Skills and Talent – Upskilling Existing and Prioducing Future Talent
- T – Technology – Access to Smart Technologies and Standards
Check out the Action Plans, that’s what we should focus since they have named the document as “Industry 4wrd” i.e. to move the industry forward!
Unfortunately, this policy only covers the Smart Manufacturing sector and not the holistic view of Fourth Industrial Revolution. I have my own personal views HERE.
Even though, World Economic Forum (WEF) identified Blockchain as one of the 12 key technologies in Fourth Industrial Revolution, it was not mentioned in the Policy document. Something worth to ponder whether is it something which government wants to implement or Blockchain is still a controversial technology.
There are not many startups in the region that focused on Muslim market. TaqwaTech as coined by Gobi Partners represents a tech industry which focuses on serving Muslim consumers, communities and business on their daily needs.
Early this year, when I returned from Umrah, I found out that there are some similarities of problem statement for our earlier product called Favorwatch which is meant to monitor the elderly person’s health and safety who stayed at home alone.
Every year, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) hosted to 2.3 Million of Muslims around the world to perform their pilgrimage. This number will increase to 30 Million by 2030 when Mecca has completed it’s massive expansion. This number does not include almost 7 Million pilgrims performing Umrah all the year around.
For the the first timer, many elderly pilgrims have difficulty to remember their way back to their hotels. With a language barrier, they have difficulty to communicate with other pilgrims. Pilgrims who stayed near the Abraj Tower might be fortunate since the tallk building can help them to find the direction but for many who stayed further away from the big mosque will have a big challenge to find their way.
Another worrying cases are the health condition when almost 80-90% of pilgrims will encounter what we called “Hajj Cough”. It can be a long period of cough and there’s no way for the health authorities of each country to monitor them.
In fact, there’s no technology or tool to monitor the pilgrims during the peak Hajj period when there are at Arafah, Mudzlifah or Mina. There are so many cases of people gone missing everyday. This does not take into account when there are emergency happen such as stampede that occurred several years ago that caused deaths to hundreds of people.
Thus, we have expanded the Favorwatch solution which is earlier meant for Hajj to become a solution to monitor the safety, health and also providing a peace of mind to the family members back home. The service is now called “Raqib” which meant “oversee or overwatch”.
The solution comprised of wearables to be worn by the pilgrims and be monitored via mobile app or web dashboard by the family members of the responsible Mutawwifs from the Travel Agencies. Currently, Raqib has been launched in Malaysia in Sept 2018 and have now received many queries from other Muslim countries. In fact, Favoriot is seeking investors to expand this service to other countries with the local partners for the upcoming Hajj season next year. meanwhile, this service is also available throughout the year for people who wants to perform Umrah.