What are the course objectives?
1. To create awareness of Industrial 4.0 revolution history, origin, and national strategy.
2. To have knowledge of the Industrial 4.0 market, emerging technologies, and the new industrial era.
3. To understand the detailed description of IoT concepts.
4. To understand the role of smart sensors and its scope covering various modern technologies and multidisciplinary engineering practices.
5. To understand other modern technologies like wireless sensor networks, data analytics, and cloud computing.
6. To understand the IoT middleware and hardware platforms and operating systems commonly used in IoT systems.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suited for anyone from students to working professionals interested and passionate to learn about the Internet of Things and to become a “Digital Maker”.
Are there any prerequisites?
No, this course is suitable for Beginners and up to Intermediate/Advanced
2 full days – Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd – (9.00 am to 4.30 pm)
Course Location – Ayah Jeeb Small Space. F1-18-10 Tamarind Suites, Persiaran Multimedia, 63000 Cyberjaya.
Course Fees: RM 650 (per person) It is not HRDF Claimable. Please note that food and drinks are not provided.
How do I prepare for the workshop?
Please bring your laptop, as you will be doing practical exercises in class. However, you do not need to pre-install any software or tools, as they will be provided to you for free during the training.
Applications to be installed:
1. Arduino IDE.
2. FAVORIOT – FREE Account Subscription. You can get 75% Discount (only RM 25) for the Premium BEGINNER Plan using Promo Code “FAVXMAS” (Valid till Dec. 31, 2019)
3. Node-Red. MQTT Broker installation included.
4. Blynk App (Mobile IOT App for Android and Apple).
Hardware Components Used in this Training:
1. Microcontroller: 1 piece of Node MCU ESP 8266.
2. Sensors: 1 piece of DHT 11 Temperature & Humidity sensor.
3. Other: Jumper wires and USB Cable.
Note: The above components are for the participants to take back home after the 2-day training
Day 1 Training Outline:
Morning Session: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
1. Introduction of Industrial 4.0.
2. Key Pillars of 4.0.
3. National Strategy of IR 4.0.
4. Basic Internet of Training (IOT).
5. IOT Fundamental.
6. IOT Architecture.
7. Sensors & Actuators.
8. IOT Industry.
9. IOT & Communications.
Afternoon Session: 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm
1. Brief Introduction to Arduino IDE and the programming used.
2. Installation of Arduino IDE – Setting Up for the practical session.
3. Explanation of the hardware used for the practical session (Microcontroller and sensors).
4. Setting up the hardware and integrate it into the Arduino IDE.
5. Explanation of the code to upload to the microcontroller from Arduino IDE.
6. Explanation of the results of the practical session.
7. Bonus demo by the trainer on MQ35 (Gas sensor) and DHT 11 sensor monitoring.
8. Wrap up for the day 1 session. (Q & A).
Day 2 Training Outline:
Morning Session: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
1. Introduction to the FAVORIOT, Node-Red and Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) concepts.
2. Setting Up the Node-Red installation.
3. Explaining on MQTT subscribe and publish on Node-Red.
4. Code walkthrough on connecting the hardware components to FAVORIOT & Node-Red via
Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT).
5. Put to test by the participant and discuss on the outcome in FAVORIOT data streams, dashboard and
Node-Red graph dashboard.
6. Explaining on Blynk – IOT Mobile Application.
7. Installing the Blynk App (free) in the participant’s mobile phone.
Afternoon Session: 1.00 pm – 4.30 pm
1. Code walkthrough on connecting the hardware components with Blynk App.
2. Put to test by the participant and discuss the outcome in Blynk App.
3. A group activity will be discussed for the participant to present their idea on IOT.
This will be a group-based activity (2 in a group).
4. The group will prepare their discussion points and prepare for the presentation.
5. Presentation by the group. Q & A session if required.
6. Wrap Up of Day 2 training session.
7. Certificate presentation to the participation.
Note: The above time schedule may vary based on the breakfast, lunch and tea break allocated time.
Training key takeaways
At the conclusion of the course, participants will take away the following:
1. Training notes in pdf. This is the same material used during the 2 days.
2. Application installers.
3. Hardware components given during the training.
4. Certificate for each participant (training attendance certificate).