In very sudden news today, MRANTI’s CEO, Dzuleira Abu Bakar, resigned and decided to pursue other career opportunities.
Here’re seven interesting things you need to know about Dzuleira:
- Leadership at MRANTI: Dzuleira Abu Bakar has been the CEO of the Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology and Innovation (MRANTI) and has recently resigned.
- Previous Roles: Before MRANTI, she was appointed as the CEO of the Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Center (MaGIC) and later as the CEO of Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) by the previous Science, Technology, and Innovation Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin.
- Merging of MaGIC and TPM: She played a pivotal role in leading the merger of MaGIC and TPM, which resulted in the incorporation of MRANTI, a strategic move by the government to consolidate agencies and align them with the National Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy (DSTIN) and the Malaysian Science Technology Innovation and Economic Development Framework (MySTIE 10-10).
- MRANTI Park Master Plan: Dzuleira spearheaded the MRANTI Park Master Plan, a comprehensive approach to developing a hub for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR). The plan aims to create 8,000 jobs by 2027 and achieve a gross development value of USD 4.33 billion.
- Founding of Facilities: Dzuleira founded several facilities within the MRANTI Park to support innovators. These include a MakersLab for prototyping, a drone center of excellence, an Autonomous Vehicle Living Lab, an integrated healthcare cluster, and the recent 5G Experience Centre.
- National Technology and Innovation Sandbox (NTIS): During her tenure, MRANTI was appointed as the lead secretariat for the NTIS, leading to 24 commercialisations and generating sales revenue of RM51.8 million.
- Advocate for Drone Tech Ecosystem: Dzuleira strongly advocates Malaysia’s drone tech ecosystem. Under her leadership, MRANTI has coordinated the Malaysian Drone Technology Action Plan 2022-2030 (MDTAP30), contributing to Malaysia’s drone industry ranking 21st in the global Drone Readiness Index.