Here is my 2017 wishlist:-
- Frequent business matching sessions to help “connect-the-dots” between demand and supply. Also to help local IoT companies to match with the overseas market or partners.
- Policy and regulation that contribute to removing any “show stopper”.
- Government funding for “IoT Trials” to help expedite the awareness, reduce risk, test business models and find best methods.
- Accelerate the Open Government Data initiatives to help spur the app developer ecosystem.
- CIOs to budget their IoT implementation strategy.
- Move beyond Blueprints and start to implement IoT solutions. Begin small if the budget doesn’t allow for a big bang.
- Choose IoT platform of your choice. Find one which is open, flexible, scalable and ease to develop IoT application.
- Use Malaysian technology, product and solution – Try first before claiming made-in-Malaysia doesn’t have that “standard” or “quality”.
What’s Your 2017 Wishlist for IoT?
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas is an IOT Evangelist, Thought Leader and CEO of REDtone IOT. You can reach him on LinkedIn at https://my.linkedin.com/in/mazlan/ or Twitter at http://twitter.com/mazlan_abbas . Check all presentation slides HERE.
For further details, check out http://about.me/mazlan.abbas