In this workshop, we will be using NodeMCU (Arduino-WiFi Compatible Device) as it can be implemented as the controller that is interfaced with sensors and actuators, which meant to be connected to FAVORIOT IoT platform. The connection of these controllers, sensors, and actuators to an IoT platform enable real-time control, data collection, and data analysis.
We recommend this workshop to anyone, who wants to learn how to integrate IoT devices and IoT platform to develop IoT solutions and applications.
Participation in this workshop will enable you to:
- Develop IoT projects with an integration of Arduino platform and Favoriot platform,
- Understand the hierarchy of devices management in Favoriot platform,
- Understand which IoT protocols are suitable to be implemented in your IoT project,
- Build a roadmap to develop and implement your own IoT solutions and applications.
Getting Started with Favoriot IoT Platform
- Getting Started with Favoriot Platform.
- Understand Favoriot Hierarchy and JSON Data Format.
- Create Project, Application, Group, and Device.
- Favoriot REST API & MQTT.
- REST API Testing with Postman.
- Create Graph on Favoriot.
- Create Email & SMS Rules on Favoriot.
Getting Started with NodeMCU
- Getting Started with NodeMCU.
- Install CP2102 USB Driver.
- Install ESP8266 Library.
- Read Humidity & Temperature Sensor.
- Setting Up WiFi Connection.
- Create JSON Data Format.
- Update DHT11 to Favoriot Data Stream using REST API.
Integration of Favoriot MQTT, MQTT Client, and NodeMCU
- What is MQTT?
- Understanding Favoriot MQTT Protocol.
- MQTT Testing with MQTT.fx on Desktop.
- MQTT Testing with IoT MQTT Dashboard on Android.
- Install MQTT Library on NodeMCU.
- Setting Favoriot MQTT Protocol on NodeMCU.
- Update DHT11 to Favoriot Data Stream using MQTT.
- Control LEDs with MQTT Client App.
- Weekend, 23 & 24 September 2017
- Time: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- Venue: Myinvent, Shah Alam. (https://goo.gl/maps/vfq7n6uoiUQ2)
- Basic in electronics.
- Basic in Arduino programming.
- Pre-Install Arduino in your laptop (download Arduino IDE from arduino.cc).
- Bring your own laptop.
RM265.00 (including GST)
Promo: Join this awesome workshop for only RM50, when you purchase a Myduino IoT Training Kit (Purchase it online now: http://www.myduino.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1004)