Malaysia needs a pool of Generation-IoT to propel into the era of the Internet of Things and turn the National IoT Strategic Framework into a reality. We need about 100K of IoT workforce which is more than the target as stated in the Framework because to support the whole value-chain of IoT. But how do we groom the workforce of the future? How do we inspire and prepare them for the jobs of the future? Are they ready for the Fourth Industrial Revolution? UTM has invited FAVORIOT’s CEO, Dr. Mazlan Abbas for an Industrial Talk on the topic of “Journey Towards Industry 4.0 With IoT“.
Thus, on behalf of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Advanced Telecommunication Technology Research Group (ATT RG) in collaboration with Communication Engineering Department will organize the Internet-of-Things (IoT) Carnival 2017. The event is part of UTM’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program to promote exposure and awareness to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education which is in line with the Government’s National STEM Action Plan 2017 initiatives.
The main objectives of the IoT Carnival:-
- To expose the Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology to the guests, UTM staffs, and students.
- To encourage UTM students, especially the undergraduate final year students to further their studies in IoT-related fields at FKE UTM.
- To promote IoT-based products, including research findings, final year projects, and related capstone labs projects.
- To provide the opportunities for research collaboration between industries and researchers with ATT and COMM department, as well as FKE in general.
- To help promote National Transformation 2050 (TN50) roadmap initiatives in preparing the people for Industry 4.0 of which IoT technology is a crucial element