Here’s another example of a problem statement that can develop into an IoT project – Smart Agriculture. First, we have to verify the pain points.
Problem Statement (Hypothesis)
- Who is attending the farms?
- What are the farm soil nutrient and wetness levels?
- What is the weather condition?
- When does the farm need more fertilizers?
- How to increase yields?
- How to detect food contamination?
- How to coordinate farm logistics?
- Why is the farm producing fewer crops?
- Why is the food contaminated?
- Weather sensors
- Soil sensors
- Weather station forecast
- Farms and Vehicles
- Network infrastructure (Wifi, 3G)
- Visualization dashboard
- IoT Middleware – FAVORIOT
How-To Develop Smart Agriculture Click To Tweet
- How-To Develop Smart River Monitoring
- How-To Develop Smart Garbage Collection
- How-To Develop Smart Flood Monitoring System
- How-To Develop Smart Agriculture Solutions
- Check out the COMPLETE Tutorial on How to connect an Arduino to a FAVORIOT Platform. You can also download a STEP-by-STEP Tutorial – [download id=”6641″]
Check out the COMPLETE Tutorial on How to connect an Arduino to the FAVORIOT Platform. You can also download a STEP-by-STEP Tutorial – [download id=”6641″]
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas the Co-Founder of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd. He is an IOT Evangelist and a Thought Leader. He received an award as 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR 2017. He is ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders”, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2016/2017, ranked Top 100 in Smart Cities Top Experts by Agilience Authority Index May 2016. You can reach him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Check all his presentation slides HERE.
Or check out https://plant-os.com. We have a community version with a free dashboard account and our open source hardware