Here’s another example of a problem statement that can develop into an IoT project – Smart Agriculture. First, we have to verify the pain points.
Problem Statement (Hypothesis)
- Who is attending the farms?
- What are the farm soil nutrient and wetness levels?
- What is the weather condition?
- When does the farm need more fertilizers?
- How to increase yields?
- How to detect food contamination?
- How to coordinate farm logistics?
- Why is the farm producing fewer crops?
- Why is the food contaminated?
- Weather sensors
- Soil sensors
- Weather station forecast
- Farms and Vehicles
- Network infrastructure (Wifi, 3G)
- Visualization dashboard
- IoT Middleware – FAVORIOT
- How-To Develop Smart River Monitoring
- How-To Develop Smart Garbage Collection
- How-To Develop Smart Flood Monitoring System
- How-To Develop Smart Agriculture Solutions
- Check out the COMPLETE Tutorial on How to connect an Arduino to a FAVORIOT Platform. You can also download a STEP-by-STEP Tutorial – [download id=”6641″]
Check out the COMPLETE Tutorial on How to connect an Arduino to the FAVORIOT Platform. You can also download a STEP-by-STEP Tutorial – [download id=”6641″]
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas the Co-Founder of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd. He is an IOT Evangelist and a Thought Leader. He received an award as 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR 2017. He is ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders”, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2016/2017, ranked Top 100 in Smart Cities Top Experts by Agilience Authority Index May 2016. You can reach him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Check all his presentation slides HERE.