Have you ever wondered what are the top or most popular jobs in IOT now?
Answer: It depends on the adoption maturity levels of your country.
Just take look at the IoT value chain on the perspectives of maturity levels:
- Research – from fundamental to applied research and uncovering the mysteries of IoT.
- University IoT courses – educating the University students
- IoT training – creating awareness and educating the masses. From basic to intermediate and advanced courses.
- Consultation – Developing IoT Blueprint, framework and strategic plans.
- Product Development – Create new innovative IoT solutions
- System Integration – Integrating IoT solutions with legacy systems
- Selling IoT Solutions – creating new businesses from IoT
The above activities are translated to job opportunities:
- IOT Product Developers (software and hardware)
- System Integrators
- Business Development
Personally, I found out that Trainers and Consultants are making money out of IoT since they are now in demand. (5), (6) and (7) will be in demand within the next 2-3 years.
But in reality, we are seeing too many jobs in the area of IoT Business Development. Most probably, the companies are trying to find business opportunities and create demands. Even in the recent Mobile World Congress 2017 that ends recently, the telcos are still trying to find where the real market resides.
Consultants are in a very high demand where mostly their customers are States who want to implement Smart Cities or Governments that desperately want a new National IOT Blueprint or Frameworks.
Training in IoT has become a high demand for the industry folks since most of them are not trained and armed with the IoT knowledge during their University days. Good for training companies who are seeking knowledgeable trainers.
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas is an IOT Evangelist and a Thought Leader. He received an award as 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR 2017. He is ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders”, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2016/2017, ranked Top 100 in Smart Cities Top Experts by Agilience Authority Index May 2016. You can reach him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Check all his presentation slides HERE.
Reblogged this on iotism2m.