The 3rd Internet Tsunami is Coming
Whether we like it or not, we will be hit by the 3rd Internet Tsunami i.e. Internet of Things. Many of us have seen the 1st Internet Tsunami of fixed Internet and the 2nd Internet Tsunami of Mobile Internet. What many of us don’t realize that as Things get connected, it will bring massive transformation to our lives and the way we work. Businesses will get disrupted and probably faced extinction if we are not prepared to adopt IoT. Regulators will face big challenges if they are slow in understanding the impact and make changes to their current regulation. They can remain status quo but it will definitely stifle innovation in that country.
Who will drive this 3rd Internet Tsunami?
They are the Generation-IoT. We have heard about Baby Boomers, Gen-X, Gen-Y (also known as Millennials) and the Gen-Z (also known as Post-Millennials) but what is Gen-IoT exactly?
Below are the traits of Generation-IoT (as defined by Maciej Kranz in the article “Generation IoT: The Key to Business Survival in the 21st Century“:
- They are pioneers in IoT.
- All are willing to learn and take risks and are good at building virtual teams internally and partnering externally.
- You can recognize these new winners not by their age or their titles—but by their ability to build and deploy agile, flexible business solutions.
- A new generation of leaders, makers, thinkers, and doers is meeting that change with flexibility and optimism and transforming it into opportunity.
- These are the people who see the transformational power of IoT-driven processes, business models, and new revenue streams.
- They are eager to champion and drive these opportunities in their organizations.
- These people know that IoT is not just one project, one training session, one change.
- They know that in order to succeed they and their organizations need to adjust and re-learn, over and over again.
Are you ready to become Generation-IoT?
About the Author
Dr. Mazlan Abbas is currently the Co-Founder and CEO of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd. He is an IOT Evangelist and a Thought Leader. He received an award as 50 Most Impactful Smart Cities Leaders by World CSR 2017. He is ranked No. 20th Thought Leader in IOT by 2014 Onalytics Report – “The Internet of Things – Top 100 Thought Leaders”, ranked Top 10 in IoT Top 100 Influencers by Postscapes 2016/2017, ranked Top 100 in Smart Cities Top Experts by Agilience Authority Index May 2016. He is also a Global Vision Board Member. You can reach him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Check all his presentation slides HERE.
More Info about FAVORIOT – Click LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE and FOLLOW: