Kuala Lumpur (Oct. 30, 2017) – FAVORIOT and Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) exchanged the MOA documents in a simple ceremony at Prof. Ron Edwards, Vice Chancellor’s Office in APU New Campus.
The purpose of this Memorandum of Agreement is to set to:
- building industry capable talent for IoT industry
- supporting the collaborative research in industry relevance areas
- exploring research funds for R&D in the identified areas
Specifically, both parties will cooperate to develop
- APU curriculum development – introduce FAVORIOT’S IoT platform to APU’s IoT specialism students as a tool to demonstrate the usage of IoT.
- FAVORIOT’s IoT solutions – APU student community can be the testing ground for any FAVORIOT’s IoT solutions.
- APU can support in providing internship students to FAVORIOT if required and jointly work on providing industry related final year projects for APU students.
Dr. Mazlan said, “FAVORIOT is a leading IoT player in Malaysia and wishes to see the IoT eco-system grow faster to support Malaysia’s 4th Industrial Revolution mission. With our expertise, we will provide consultation on APU curriculum development and offer FAVORIOT IoT middleware platform to be used by APU staff and students for the projects. Although we have our own Smart Health solution for the Senior Citizen called favorwatch, we also wish to see more IoT talents that we called Generation-IoT to create more innovative IoT solutions”
FAVORIOT has unique expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Internet of Things Sensing as a Service to various sectors with the focus on Smart City and Smart Health
- Internet of Things Platform for various vertical solutions
APU has unique expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Build the talent pipeline by identifying high potentials and accelerate their growth
- Design, develop and execute courses based on new and innovative technology trends