During the last couple of years, we have seen a tremendous interest in the topic Internet of Things (IoT), especially in the Universities, Colleges and Training companies. Many have even offered IoT as their Final Year Projects but there’s one important element missing in their syllabus i.e. IoT Middleware. This piece of technology is one of the most important parts of the IoT value chain. In fact, it’s the one that creates an IoT ecosystem that brings multiple stakeholders together – the chipset, device, connectivity, cloud, big data analytics, applications, etc.
Below are some of the current pain-points faced by the Students, Lecturers, and Universities:
- An incomplete IoT Lab which only focuses on either standalone Arduino or Raspberry Pi devices without connecting to an IoT platform
- Students have to do their own research on hundreds of IoT middleware before choosing one for their Final Year projects. Wasting a lot of time and unable to complete the actual hands-on project in due time.
- Many IoT projects cannot complete on time because students are busy either developing their own “middleware” or server or busy in troubleshooting the connectivity between the sensor device and the server.
- But there are also many completed projects that are left idle and unable to continue because data and source code are not managed properly. Forever, the IoT projects will never become better because no enhancement can be made to previous projects.
- Students have to use their own pocket money or use the project fund allocation to subscribe to the IoT platform since the University is not providing any such facility.
How IoT Ecosystem Can Solve the Issues?
- Proper management of Sensor Data and Project continuity
- Standardizing tools and platform for students
- Providing better and complete IoT lab facilities
- Create better and holistic IoT talents for jobs of the future – 4IR-ready.
Did you know that with LESS THAN RM 9.00 (USD 2/-) per month per student, you can educate and create about 30 IoT Talents from your Universities/Colleges/Schools every year?
Invest in our education… Invest in our student’s future… Invest in IR 4.0!
FAVORIOT IoT Middleware offers the following features:
- Device Connectivity – Supports different protocols and data format. Application Programming Interface (API) ensuring accurate data streaming and interaction with all devices
- Device Management – To ensures the connected “things” are working properly. We create the abstraction of the physical devices in IOT realms within the IOT middleware
- Scalable Database – Scalable storage of device data brings the requirements for hybrid cloud-based databases to a new level in terms of data volume, variety, velocity, and veracity
- Business Logic – Brings data to life with rule-based event-action-triggers
- Notification Engine – Combining business logic with notification engine enable execution of “smart” actions based on specific sensor data
- Dashboarding – Enables users to see patterns and observe trends from visualization dashboards where data is vividly portrayed through various type of charts
- Application Programming Interface – APIs that act as interfaces for third-party systems
- Security – All interaction with the IOT Middleware are secured via HTTP/TLS protocol
FAVORIOT IoT Ecosystem offers the following benefits:
- Customizable platform
- Reduces time to prototype/market from months to weeks
- Minimizes the cost and risk of application development
- Can be easily tailored for multiple business applications
- Capable of handling millions of devices and scale elastically
- As the platform evolves, you get new features for free
- Speeds up the rule creation process
- Easily handling data ownership for sharing and monetizing
IoT Ecosystem Builder Package – (RM 3,000 per Year)
Great for developing and managing your own IoT ecosystem for students.
- One System Admin
- 30 Beginner Accounts
- 10,000 API calls per Day per Beginner Account
- Unlimited Dashboard & Simple Widgets
- Public and Private Dashboard Sharing
- Free Email, Telegram, and SMS (Add-on) Alert
- RPC (Manual control)
- 1-year Data Retention
- Email Support (Best Effort)
- Assign your own Admin, manage a group of Beginner Plan Accounts, and “recycle” the Accounts based on your Training/Lab Sessions.
- Create your own IoT Ecosystem. Have full control.
IoT Training for Educators
FAVORIOT offered a set of IoT training best suited for educators and IoT practitioners. Start with Fundamentals of IoT using FAVORIOT IoT Platform to allow you quickly build your IoT application and use the Platform’s dashboard. In the Advanced IoT using FAVORIOT IoT Platform, you will learn how to set up an IoT gateway and create your own IoT dashboard using FAVORIOT’s APIs. And finally, we will complete the training with an IoT Specialist training focusing on IoT analytics and security.