The TM One Sandbox initiative launched by TM One appears to have five several essential outcomes:
- Acceleration of Digital Transformation: The sandbox is designed to speed up the digitalization and automation of businesses, communities, and government entities. It aims to aggregate smart services and IR 4.0 solutions, advancing Malaysia’s push toward becoming a technologically advanced nation.
- Improved Tech Availability, Accessibility, and Affordability: The sandbox is set to enhance the availability, accessibility, and affordability of technology for enterprises and the public sector. This would drive long-term sustainability and digital progress in these sectors.
- Promotion of Collaborative Innovation: The TM One Sandbox has three key components – an innovation platform, an innovation lab, and market access. These elements foster collaborative innovation, enabling stakeholders to brainstorm, validate, test, and commercialize their solutions. The innovation lab, in particular, provides a co-creation space leveraging cutting-edge technology, resources, and expertise.
- Facilitation of Networking and Commercialisation: The market access feature of the sandbox promotes networking and branding opportunities, helping in the commercialization of solutions developed within the sandbox. It also facilitates stakeholders to work together towards sustainable and inclusive progress.
- Driving Industry-specific Use Cases and Adoption: The sandbox enables the development of specific use cases, especially around the 5G technology, across diverse sectors like smart cities, manufacturing, healthcare, and more. It also promotes a mindset change towards embracing new platforms, services, and applications to increase operational efficiency and delivery.
In summary, the TM One Sandbox is a strategic initiative to accelerate digital transformation, foster collaborative innovation, and drive industry-specific use cases, especially around 5G and other advanced technologies. This would contribute positively to the broader Malaysian society and the country’s aspiration to become a technologically advanced.